As a mother, I'd have to say the single most given advice to me was to make time for myself. When you spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week devoting your life to serving others in every single way you get worn out. Any mother will agree that motherhood is exhausting. Rewarding but exhausting.
When my oldest was born I would get this advice and shrug it off. I was having too much fun being a new mother and surrounding myself in all things baby and the love and sweet cuddles that come with it. Then, my second child came along. In one night, I went from a mother of one toddler to two under age two. At that point, there wasn't any time to give to anyone let alone myself. I went from living to surviving. It wasn't until my youngest turned one that I realized how little attention I had given myself that last few years. I finally understood where that beautiful piece of advice came from. You can't take care of everyone else if you are not being taken care of.
Without a lot of extra money for new clothes or trips to the nail salon, heck I'm lucky if I can remember to go buy conditioner when I run out, I decided to subscribe to Ipsy. It's a monthly subscription box that sends makeup and pamper items in a super cute makeup bag. Ipsy is my 'me time', something to remind me that I can still have cute girly items and enjoy them! That is a great thing to be reminded of monthly. Use my referral link if you're interested in subscribing!
Here is what I got in my first months subscription:
- One// adorable envelope makeup bag. ok so I wasn't in love with the print on the bag at first sight. Honestly, I thought it was little tacky. But it quickly grew on me. Plus its the perfect size to slip in a purse or diaper bag.
- Two// Trestique Baby Blush Stick in Bora Bora Coral. This is my favorite item I got. I seriously love it and use it everyday. I'm going to be so sad when I run out of this stuff. It puts on such a nice color and is so easy to apply. $34
- Three// Cake Heavy Cream intensive hand repair balm. Definitely my second favorite item. It smells amazing, I find myself applying this multiple times a day just for the smell. $22
- Four// It cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in light. This works amazing as well. I don't have a huge need for concealer but when I do, this is the stuff to use. $24
- Five// Ciate mini nail polish in sunday's "my off duty nude". I just recently had the time to sit down and paint my nails for the first time this month and its the 29th. But, this is my new favorite nail polish. $15
- Six// Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Lipgloss in Pink Sequin. This is the only product that I haven't used more than once. It is a great lipgloss, but I'm not the biggest fan of glossy lips. $21
I spent $10 for $116 worth of products. All in all, Im extremely happy with my purchase and look forward to many more subscriptions!
For next months review click here.